COMMUNITY GRANT GUIDANCE
What is it?
The Cefn Cribwr Community Council grant scheme is available to local voluntary and community organisations operating in the Cefn Cribwr Community Council Area or which specifically benefit its residents. It provides modest funds to organisations that have charitable purposes for capital expenditure or core funding for the provision of community activities and events.
Who can apply?
Applications are invited from community organisations and charities.
- • Applications will only be considered from local organisations working in the Cefn Cribwr Community Council Area or which directly benefit it residents.
- • In considering applications from organisations that exist to provide hobby activities for its members, the facilities that they provide should be available to members of the public at large.
What can it fund?
Applicants can apply for grant support for the following purposes:
- • Support for community buildings
- • Small items of equipment
- • Works to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act or make the organisation complaint with current legislation
- • Other purposes beneficial to the community (eg community activities and events)
- • Project related professional fees (eg architects and surveyors).
How Much Can I Apply For?
What can’t it fund?
Ineligible costs will include:
- • Planning Permission costs
- • Please note that retrospective costs i.e costs for work already undertaken or equipment/work materials that have been purchased or ordered prior to a formal grant offer, are ineligible and should not be included in any application you may wish to make.
How much can I apply for?
The Community Council have limited resources, so grants will be limited in most instances to a few hundred pounds.
When do I have to apply by?
The Community Council usually consider applications at their December meeting. Applications should therefore be submitted by the 1st December for consideration. However, fully developed projects which are time critical will be assessed on an individual basis.
Please note that should your application be successful; payment will usually only be made on submission of invoices at the completion of the project unless the grant is core funding.
How often can I apply?
There are no restrictions on when an organisation can re-apply for funding, but only one project can be supported at one time per organisation. New applications can be submitted once all aspects of the current project are complete.
If you require further guidance please contact the Clerk to the Community Council:
47 Cefn Road, Cefn Cribwr, Bridgend. CF32 0BA.